Thursday, February 28, 2013

Creative Input Needed

I need your input.  Read the following excerpt and tell me in your opinion what is wrong with the house that it is calling/haunting the character. This story woke me up in the middle of the night.  I got up and wrote it down.  I still have no reason for the house calling.

"They say there is no such thing as ghosts or haunted houses. They are wrong. I know, because I grew up in one. Mine is not an unusual story. It is not even that terrifying. It just is. This is a fact I have come to accept. As a child growing up in Bluebell, Idaho I had few friends because of that house. 
From the outside the house was a typical, two story farm house. My father inherited it when his grandmother passed away. He repaired and fixed it up. It stood out on the hilltop. You could see it a mile away. It’s gabled The inside is a different story. 
Even now I lay awake listening, watching, waiting, for it. I’ve been waiting since I moved out of that house. I knew it was only a matter of time. That time is now. Both of my parents are gone. A drunk driver took them away from me. Now the house is calling me. I hear it in the middle of the night, I see it in my dreams. It waits for me, calling me to return. I don’t want to. I don’t know why it calls me. Sometimes the shadows visit me. In school my friends used to tease me when I told them about the shadows. Then they would visit my house. No one teased me after that. Instead they stayed away from me. It is as if they were afraid the shadows would follow them."


So tell me, why do you think the house is calling her?  What do you think the shadows are?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the house has been keeping a secret her parents knew, and it will affect her future.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .