Wednesday, February 14, 2018

#DWHabit: Word of the Day: Broken-hearted



I am feeling broken-hearted today.  On a day that is supposed to represent our love for others, there are those whose hearts are broken into a million pieces, never to be pieced back together. There are those whose lives have been changed forever.  We ask, why would someone choose to take the lives of so many innocent people?  What is wrong with their heart that they would do this?  Today's school shooting in Parkland, Florida is tragic on so many levels.  Just once I would love for the perpetrator to explain what drove them to do such a heinous thing.  I'm tired of hearing that at some point they were bullied and decided to kill a bunch of people they probably didn't know.  As a teacher it angers me that someone could do this to kids. It doesn't matter what their age is, they are still kids.  This is one of the worst kinds of violation that can happen.  An event like this shakes you to your core. Every time we hear of a school shooting my mom reminds me that this is her biggest fear for me. I have never felt unsafe.  I imagine those in that school today felt safe until the chaos began. On this day when so many celebrate the love of others; hug your loved ones tight and tell them how much you love them. Say a prayer for those who will never get the opportunity to hug their loved one, or give them that message.  

Broken-Hearted
Reeling at the news
Overwhelmed by emotions
Keep loved ones close
Expect the best of everyone
Now.

Hurting
Everywhere. Pay close
Attention.
Realize
That 
Everyone  needs
Daily reassurance that things will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .