Wednesday, February 7, 2018

#DWHabit - Word of the Day - Hilarious



When I think of the word HILARIOUS several things come to mind. What I find hilarious others may not. We all have our own sense of humor.  For me watching babies laugh is so hilarious I can't breathe. I could never sit behind a baby or toddler in church because the sounds they made or the faces they made would make me laugh uncontrollably.  It's the same thing with cat videos.  Now I worked with a lady a few years back who found people who slipped and fell hilarious. She literally fell out of her chair laughing at me one day when I sat down on the edge of my chair on wheels and it rolled out from under me.  Our boss came out to see what the commotion was and found her rolling around under her desk. Good thing most preachers have a great sense of humor.  For my students I have found the thing they find most hilarious is farts.  Yes that is all it takes to set a middle school student off.

They say laughter is good for the soul.  Well you get a triple dose of laughter when you find something hilarious.  For me I begin to turn red, I can't catch my breath and when I do I make funny sounds. This in turn amuses me and makes me laugh even harder.  I've only been like this once in my classroom.  It was brought on by an off the wall comment, said in all seriousness, by a student.  I usually have my husband around to remind me to breath, all the time he is laughing at me which keeps me going.

So tell me, what do you find hilarious?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .