Monday, July 5, 2010

Preacher's Kid entry #7

Jose Bonitas - Father of Frankie & Tanya

My happiest memory is the day I became a deacon in my church.  I felt like God was finally using me in the church to help others.  My saddest memory is when my son Frankie made the decision to let his life just fall apart.  I don't know what to do with him.  I guess there isn't much so I've just given up.  He'll change if he wants to.

I don't want anyone to find out that even though I can solve problems at church for other families, I can't solve problems in my own home.  The one thing I'm not very good at is solving my own problems.

My best friend is my wife. She would describe me as handsome, caring, a good provider and always ready to help.

One thing that bugs me is the excuses my son always makes.  He seems to have no respect for anyone in the family anymore.  I am afraid I'm losing my son to the dark side and I don't know how to help him.

When I look in the mirror, I see someone who is successful in what they've tried to accomplish.  I see someone who wants more out of their relationship with God.  I see someone who puts God first not matter what is happening in the family.

The most embarrassing thing to happen to me was getting a call from the principal of the school telling me my son was suspended.  It didn't help that the principal is a member of the church and I am his deacon.  I knew this would be all over the church before I could do any damage control.

The only talent I would want would be to serve God in any capacity.  to have the love for all people and be able to help them find a solution to their problems.

I really like where I live.  I grew up in Puerto Rico.  I have the best of all worlds.  I am close to the beach, yet live in a small farming community

I really want to have a good relationship with my whole family.  I work with people from the church yet can't reach or guide my own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .