Sunday, January 16, 2011

Poetry Day

I felt like posting some of my poetry.  I am getting ready to take a day off from school for a meeting of the minds.  I don't mind when we have a day where our department plans for the next year it is productive.  However some of the conferences we've had to go to have been horrible.  As I explained in my last post, I write out of emotions.  The following was a poem I wrote when bored and annoyed at a training.  I hope you enjoy it.


The Training   by Sandra Stiles

Screechy, nasal and high pitched
We’re not talking about a witch
The speaker here is a trainer 
Someone please try to contain her

On and on the speaker drones
We look around with silent groans
She starts to shout and walk around
My head is spinning round and round

How much longer must we suffer
Sitting here is getting tougher
Let me go back to my school
My students are way more cool

They tell me that I must be trained
I must improve my students’ brains
This class is boring as can be
Oh help me, help me, help me please!

The time has come that I may leave
I have learned nothing I believe
They just kept going on and on
And now my brain’s completely gone.

What’s that you ask what have I learned?
I must speak out, it’s now my turn?
I learned to sit and smile a lot
What have I learned?  A lot of rot!

I learned to look like I am writing
Sit and act like it’s exciting
Nod my head and tap the keyboard
Was that my neighbor who just snored?

It’s finally over and I may go
Back to my students where I will show
The knowledge that today I gained
That left me breathless and entertained.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love it! :) I admire your career choice and believe we should have more like you out there.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .