Sunday, February 24, 2019

#DWHabit - Sing



It is a pleasure to wake up each morning early enough to hear the birds sing. This morning there seemed to be a whole choir of them. I could hear the twitter and chirps as they called to each other. Then there was the singing of the wind as it wafted through the trees and bushes. Even the planes that fly over add their voices to the morning choir. People leaving for church and places unknown form the background music for all of this. As the sun rises more and more and the day progresses those voices become less and less. From the time I was a child, growing up on a farm in Indiana I always loved being awakened by the sound of the birds or other farm animals. I live in Florida now and it is no different. I love waking up in the summer and going out to my yard swing and listening to the birds and dogs. I watch our bees flit in and out of their box and listen to their harmony of buzzes. The lizards make no sounds that I am aware of, but their dances with each other make me feel alive.  May I never grow too old to enjoy the singing of the world as it awakens each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .