Tuesday, March 20, 2018

#DWHabit: Word of the Day: Frustrated

FRUSTRATION

When life gets difficult I need to remember to write.
It is hard to believe that it has been almost a month since I have written here.  I have been so frustrated. Sometimes life gets in the way. I had a teacher in my department take an emergency leave of absence that ended up with her resigning. It meant that I had to pick up the slack and grade her papers for the assignments we created for her classes.  Just as we reached a solution and I felt I could breathe again my husband called to tell me that he was on the way to the hospital with my mom because she had fallen. She broke a rib. The CT scan showed the broken rib and a mass in her lung.  Two days later as my husband was bringing her home he got a call from his mom. She was in the hospital in a town just north of us.  Since my mom couldn't be left alone I would rush home from work so my husband could leave and try to do some of his work. One of his jobs is bee removal. He does most of that before sunset. Every time I sat down to write my mom would need something. I tried to write during my planning period at work but I seemed to have a revolving door. One of my students asked if I had gotten any writing done. I asked them why and was told that when I don't get a chance to write for a while I seem grumpy.  I told my husband what my student had said and he agreed with my student. I have let lesson plans go and started work on my novel again. I seem to be more relaxed. This doesn't mean I don't write lesson plans. It means that I don't come home from work and do nothing but more work. I have got to maintain that balance in my life. My mom is going in for a biopsy. They have already told her that they are sure it is cancer. This means my writing will get me through this next frustrating ordeal. I have felt alone out here since not writing. I realize that my life is so connected to those who write.

My question is this. Do you find writing something that helps keep you sane?  Why do you write?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .