Tuesday, January 23, 2018

#DWHabit - Word of the Day - Admiration


I picked this word today because it has popped into my head twice this week.  I have a student whose writing I admire.  She is such a talented writer.  She is writing a novel and it is full of original poetry. Then she came to me and said she thought it would be great to create a companion book of poetry with it.

Today we did a book pass in class. I gave each group books representing eight different genres. They had to record the title, author, genre and then rate it. They read only the front, back and maybe a page or two.  This young lady I mentioned earlier had a book of poetry by Edgar Allan Poe. She took his poem "The Lake" and was inspired to write a poem titled, "Frosted Lake".  She is such a wonderful writer both academically and creatively. I admire her passion and her ability to take a simple thing and turn out a beautiful masterpiece. She reads and critiques my writing and then asks me to do the same for hers.  She will leave me at the end of this year. I do hope we stay in touch. We hope that we have students who will look up to us. However, sometimes teachers need students to set examples that we can look up to.

Is there something or someone in particular that you admire?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .