Sunday, January 14, 2018

#DWHabit Word of the Day - Blush



Today's word is blush.  I have a tendency to blush at the slightest thing.  Everyone has always told me that it didn't matter what I said, my face spoke for me.  So whenever embarrassed my face would show it. At school if my best friend's boyfriend said hi to me, because I was so shy, my face would turn red.  There were those who would take advantage of this.  Specifically my cousin. He knew how shy I was. It was painful walking from class to class. I looked up only enough to see my way to my next class.  In my high school up north our halls went around our gymnasium.  My cousin, who loved to tease me thought it would be wonderful to position his friends in different hallways. The reason you are wondering?  His class was next to mine. He would wait outside my classroom for me to come out and wolf whistle at me.  Then as I rushed past with my face flaming red and turned the corner, at the end of the hall was one of his friends.  This went on at least once a day, every day.  It didn't get any better when we moved to Florida the following year.  If I gave a wrong answer in class, I blushed. If I dropped something, I blushed.  I am not quite as bad as I used to be. I learned that if I do something wrong or someone does something a little embarrassing that I will survive. I have learned to laugh along with the situation.  Have you ever experienced something that made you blush?

1 comment:

Leigh Anne Eck said...

I saw your post on the TeachWrite Tribe Facebook page, and this is my first time here. I like how you have been writing daily. I can't seem to quite find that dedication yet. But I am working on it. Happy Writing!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .