Monday, January 29, 2018

#DWHabit - Word of the Day: Stew


This is the perfect word for me for today. There are always a few people who rub you the wrong way. I try to avoid them. They are usually the type who ask you a question and when you answer it then they TELL you what you will do. The other one ask for your help and when you tell them what they need to do to fix the situation then they just ignore you.

The first example was a person who asked me about a situation coming up. I told her what administration had passed on to me. She then looked at me and told me that she was going to do thing her way. I explained why it wouldn't work because of other things happening at that same time. She is going to do it no matter what. It will interrupt scheduled graded presentation. Her telling me she didn't care she was going to do it anyway was my cue to leave the lunchroom.

The second example asked for help. I got the information for her and told her how to handle the situation and she ignored me. Unfortunately this caused issues with some students. This meant my admin came to me to ask me to try to fix the situation.  The problem with both of these situation is that you can't fix something when the other party is determined to do things their way. 

Both of these had me stewing for about an hour.  I suddenly realized that my feelings were not affecting them at all. The only person they were having an effect on was me.  I had to let both situations go. The cards will fall where they will.

I can no longer stew over things I have no control. I have to many other things to worry about such as my students and their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .