Tuesday, February 6, 2018

#DWHabit – Word of the Day – Relax




I chose a different word today. The word I got was relax. It was definitely appropriate.  I ask my students to work hard all week then tell them to just relax when they begin to get antsy or stressed.  I had a student’s parent call me today. He’s been out with the flu. He’s lost about 20 pounds and he’s already skinny. He came back yesterday but had to be picked up. His fever was real high today yet he tried to come to school. He was panicked because he had  a project due to me today. I told her to tell him I said relax and rest. The work will always be there as will I.  I stayed an extra two hours after work just to finish grading papers.  I started making a list of what I wanted to accomplish when I got home.  I realized I had not had a chance to write yet today.  When this word came up I realized it was a message meant just for me. I need to learn how to relax.  So that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to finish this post and start by riding my bike. No better way to relax than with exercise.

1 comment:

LH said...

I too need to learn how to relax. Thanks for a great post.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Sandra's Writing Quest 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .